On the ω-limit Set Dichotomy of Cooperating Kolmogorov Systems
- 40 Downloads
The authors study the ω-limit set dichotomy of the Kolmogorov systems \(\dot x\)i=xifi(x)xi≥0, 1≤i≤n with the cooperative and irreducible hypotheses and obtain the quasiconvergence almost everywhere when n=3, which gives an affirmative answer to the open problem by Smith [9, p.72] in the case of n=3.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Coppel, W.A.: Stability and Asymptotic Behavior of Ordinary Differential Equations. D. C. Health, Boston, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Hartman, P.: Ordinary Differential Equations, Boston, 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Hirsch, M.W.: Systems of differential equations which are competitive or cooperative. I: Limit Sets. SIAM J. Math. Anal., 13 (1982), 161–197.Google Scholar
- 4.Hirsch, M.W.: Systems of differential equations that are competitive or cooperative. II: Convergence almost everywhere. SIAM J. Math. Anal., 16 (1985), 423–439.Google Scholar
- 5.Hirsch, M.W.: Stability and convergence in strongly monotone dynamical systems, J. reine angew. Math. 383 (1988), 1–53.Google Scholar
- 6.Hirsch, M.W.: Systems of differential equations which are competitive or cooperative. III: Competing species. Nonlinearity 1 (1988), 51–71.Google Scholar
- 7.Hirsch, M.W. and Pugh, C.C.: Cohomology of chain recurrent sets, Ergod. Th. Dynam. Sys. 8 (1988), 73–80.Google Scholar
- 8.Jiang, J. and Tu, C.F.: The asymptotic behavior of models of cooperation with a concavity property. Nonlinear analysis: Real World Application 1(2000) 329–344.Google Scholar
- 9.Smith, H.L.: Monotone Dynamical Systems, an Introduction to the Theory of Competitive and Cooperative Systems. Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, 41, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1995.Google Scholar