On Regular Riesz Subspaces
The paper is devoted to investigations of properties of regular Riesz subspaces and connections between regularity and some topological properties. The problem if a topological closure preserves regularity is solved in the class of discrete Riesz spaces. We also characterize Dedekind complete Riesz spaces possessing the same classes of σ-regular and regular Riesz subspaces Moreover, various examples of regular and non regular Riesz spaces are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aliprantis, C. and Burkinshaw, O.: Locally Solid Riesz Spaces, in Pure and Applied Mathematics Series no. 76, Academic Press, New York, San Francisco, London, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.Aliprantis, C. and Burkinshaw O.: Minimal topologies and Lp-spaces, Illinois J. Math. 24 (1980), 164–172.Google Scholar
- 3.Fremlin, D.H.:Topological Riesz Spaces and Measure Theory,Cambridge University Press, London, New York, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.Luxemburg, W.A.J. and Zaanen, A.C.Riesz Space I, North Holland, Amsterdam, London. 1971.Google Scholar
- 5.Mekler, A.A.: On embeddings of vector lattices preserving suprema and infima, Leningrad. Gos. Ped. Inst.. XXIV Hercen Meeting, 1971,pp.54–56 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.Mekler, A.A. and Sokolovskaya, N.F.: Subspaces in Nakano's sense of conditionaly complete vector lattices, in: Functional analysis. Spectral Theory, No.18, Ul'janovsk. Gos. Ped. Inst., Ul'janovsk, 1982, pp. 92–101 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 7.Wnuk, W.: When is the closure of an atomic Riesz subspace atomic?. Bull. Ac. Pol.: Math. 34 (1986), 689–694.Google Scholar
- 8.Wnuk, W.: Remarks on a structure of Banach lattices. Atti Sem. Mat. Fis. Univ. Modena 44 (1986),359–371.Google Scholar
- 9.Wnuk, W.: Banach Lattices with Order Continuous Norms, in: Advanced Topics in Mathematics,Polish Scientific Publishers PWN, Warszawa, 1999.Google Scholar