On the Existence of Periodic Solutions of Nonlinear Difference Equations
We obtain new sufficient conditions for the existence and uniqueness of an N-periodic solution (N is a positive integer) of a nonlinear difference equation with continuous argument of the form x(t + 1) = f(x(t)) and investigate the properties of this solution.
KeywordsPositive Integer Periodic Solution Difference Equation Continuous Argument Nonlinear Difference Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. Gumowski and C. Mira, Recurrence and Discrete Dynamic Systems, Springer, Berlin (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.J. D. Murray, Mathematical Biology, Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. B. Bykov and V. G. Linenko, On Some Problems in the Qualitative Theory of Systems of Difference Equations [in Russian], Ilim, Frunze (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. A. Mitropol'skii, A. M. Samoilenko, and D. I. Martynyuk, Systems of Evolution Equations with Periodic and Almost-Periodic Coefficients [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Halanay and D. Wexler, Qualitative Theory of Impulsive Systems [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Sharkovskii, Yu. L. Maistrenko, and E. Yu. Romanenko, Difference Equations and Their Applications [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.G. P. Pelyukh, “On periodic solutions of difference equations with continuous argument,” Ukr. Mat. Zh., 48, No. 1, 140–145 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.R. P. Agarwal and E. Yu. Romanenko, “On stable periodic solutions of difference equations,” Appl. Math. Letters, 11, No. 4, 81–84 (1998).Google Scholar