Preparation of Iron Oxide Pigments for Mineral Paints from Solid Iron-Containing Waste
- 147 Downloads
The possibility was examined for preparing various iron oxide pigments for mineral paints from solid industrial waste of metallurgical, chemical, and mechanical engineering plants by synthesizing yellow pigment, goethite, and preparing other pigments on its basis. The influence exerted by the kind of waste and conditions of goethite synthesis on the main properties of the pigments was elucidated.
KeywordsOxide Iron Iron Oxide Goethite Industrial Waste
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Prasad, T.P., Res. Ind., 1993, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 168-169.Google Scholar
- 2.USSR Inventor's Certificate no. 1 507 830.Google Scholar
- 3.USSR Inventor's Certificate no. 1 623 963.Google Scholar
- 4.Epikhin, A.N., Krylov, I.O., Kiselev, M.R., et al., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1995, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 1427-1432.Google Scholar
- 5.Epikhin, A.N., Kuznetsov, L.D., Kiselev, M.R., et al., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1996, vol. 69, no. 9, pp. 1518-1524.Google Scholar
- 6.Epikhin, A.N., Cand. Sci. Dissertation, Moscow, 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.Korsunskii, L.F., Kalinskaya, T.V., and Stepin, S.N., Neorganicheskie pigmenty: Spravochnik (Inorganic Pigments: Handbook), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1992.Google Scholar