Small Resonance Accelerator with a Laser Ion Source for Neutron Production
- 24 Downloads
An operating model of a neutron source based on a small linear resonance accelerator of deuterons with a laser ion source is described. The results of theoretical and experimental investigations and optimization of the physical characteristics of the model are presented. An assessment is made of the possibility of increasing the neutron yield of the apparatus.
KeywordsExperimental Investigation Physical Characteristic Neutron Source Neutron Yield Small Resonance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Strizhak, G. I. Primenko, A. S. Tsybin, et al., Neutron Sources, Izd.-Poligraf. Tsentr “Kievskii Universitet,” Kiev (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Panasyuk, Yu. K. Samoshenkov, M. F. Simanovksii, et al., “Small proton accelerator,” Prib. Tekh. Éksper., No. 5, 115–117 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. A. Bykovksii, N. V. Zubkov, K. I. Kozlovskii, et al., “Laser neutron generator: results, developments, applications, and prospects,” Preprint No.p027-86, Moscow Engineering-Physics Institute (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Tsybin, “Dynamics of a laser deuteron-containing plasma in high-current pulsed diode systems,” in: Radiation Plasma Dynamics, Yu. S. Protasov (ed.), Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1991), Vol. 1, pp. 437–462.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Bekurts and K. Virts, Neutron Physics, Atomizdat, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar