Electronic paramagnetic resonance investigation of the evolution of defects in zinc oxide during tribophysical activation
- 224 Downloads
Zinc oxide powder was tribophysically activated by grinding in a vibromill in a continual regime in air. Investigations based on the application of the electronic paramagnetic resonance (EPR) method were performed, with the purpose of establishing laws for defect formation from the viewpoint of the evolution of the fine defect structure of dispersed systems. The main focus was on the influence of the duration of tribophysical activation (TA) on the process of defect formation. Six signals were seen on the EPR spectra obtained. These signals were identified, which enabled definition of the evolution scheme of the defect structure in polycrystalline samples of zinc oxide during tribophysical activation by grinding, based on the established dependence of the formation of different centres from the grinding time.
KeywordsZinc Oxide Paramagnetic Centre Zinc Vacancy Electronic Paramagnetic Resonance Zinc Oxide Powder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. HEINIKE, “Tribochemistry” (Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1984).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. G. AVVAKUMOV, “Mechanical Methods of the Activation of Chemical Processes” (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1986) in Russian.Google Scholar
- 3.N. G. KAKAZEY, DSc dissertation, Riga, (1991) in Russian.Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. GOLUBEV and V. B. EVDOKIMOV, J. Phys. Chem. 38 (1964) 477.Google Scholar
- 9.K. HOFFMAN and D. HAHN, Phys. Status Solidi(a) 24 (1974) 637.Google Scholar
- 10.E. B. BARANOV and V. E. HOLMOGAROV, Dokl. AS USSR 146 (1962) 125.Google Scholar
- 12.I. P. KUZMINA and V. A. NIKITENKO, “Zinc Oxide, the Obtain and Optical Properties” (Nauka, Moskva, 1984).Google Scholar
- 15.J. M. SMITH and W. E. VEHSE, Phys. Lett. 31A (1970) 147.Google Scholar
- 16.V. A. NIKITENKO, J. Appl. Spectrosc. 57 (1992) 367 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 17.Y. G. KLYAVA, “EPR Spectroscopy of Disordered Solids” (Zinatne, Riga, 1988).Google Scholar
- 18.M. V. VLASOVA, S. I. GORBACHUK, N. G. KAKAZEY, V. I. LAPSHIN, V. K. MAY, L. L. SUKHIKH and V. I. CHISTAYKOV Sci. Sintering 25 (1993) 117.Google Scholar