Cloning and expression of an agarase gene from a marine bacterium Pseudomonas sp. w7
Two different agarase genes (pSW1, pSW3) were cloned from a marine bacterium Pseudomonas sp. W7 into E. coli JM83 using the multicopy plasmid vector pUC19. Two cloned strains of recombinant E. coli which showed the agarase activity were obtained and were named E. coli JM83/pSW1 and E. coli JM83/pSW3. These strains had the insert fragment of 3.7kb and 3.0kb, respectively. The N-terminal amino acid sequence of the agarase containing the recombinant plasmid pSW3 was determined and the sequence did not show homology to any other known agarases. The optimum pH and temperature of the agarases from the cloned strains, E. coli JM83/pSW1 and pSW3, were 6.0, 7.0 and 30°C, 40°C, respectively.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Agbo, J. A. C. and Moss, M. O. (1979), J. Gen. Microbiol., 115, 355–368Google Scholar
- Belas, R., Bartlett, D. and Silverman, M. (1988), Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 54, 30–37Google Scholar
- Belas, R. (1989), J. Bacteriol., 171, 602–605Google Scholar
- Bibb, M. J., Jones, G. H., Joseph, R., Buttner, M. J. and Ward, J. M. (1987), J. Gen. Microbiol., 133, 2089–2096Google Scholar
- Buttner, M. J., Fearnley, I. M. and Bibb, M. J. (1987), Mol. Gen. Genet., 209, 101–109Google Scholar
- Cohen, S. N., Chang, A. C. Y. and Hsu, L. (1972), Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 69, 2110–2114Google Scholar
- Comelis, P., Digneffe, C. and Willemot, K. (1982), Mol. Gen. Genet., 186, 507–511Google Scholar
- Hodgson, D. A. and Chater, K. F. (1981), J. Gen. Microbiol., 124, 339–348Google Scholar
- Kong, J. Y., Bae, S. K., Hwang, S. H., Ha, S. D., Kim, H. T., Kim, S. K. and Kim, B. J. (1996), Korean J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 11, 37–45Google Scholar
- Sampietro, A. R. and Vattuone de Sampietro, M. A. (1971), Biochim. Biophys. Acta., 244, 65–76Google Scholar
- Somogyi, M. (1952), J. Biol. Chem., 195, 19–23Google Scholar
- van Hofsten, B. and Malmqvist, M. (1975), J. Gen. Microbiol., 87, 150–158Google Scholar
- Sugano, Y., Matsumoto, T., Kodama, H. and Noma, M. (1993), Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 59, 3750–3756Google Scholar