Anionic Lead Complexes on the Solid Phase of Fibrous Filled Materials in the Reaction with 4(2-Pyridylazo)resorcinol
- 27 Downloads
The influence of the nature of anions (iodide, bromide, thiosulfate, pyrophosphate, tartrate, and acetate) in the anionic lead complex adsorbed on a solid phase of a fibrous sorbent filled with the AV-17 anion exchanger on the color reaction between lead and 4-(2-pyridylazo)resorcinol (PAR) was studied by diffuse reflectance spectrometry. The influence of anions on the complexation of lead with PAR on the solid phase was discussed for different types of the color reaction. It was demonstrated that the reactions with iodide at pH 5–10 and with thiosulfate at pH 10 are significant in the determination of lead as three-component complexes on the support. In the presence of other anions, lead ions do not react with PAR on the AV-17 solid phase.
KeywordsAcetate Bromide Iodide Anion Exchanger Pyrophosphate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Polyanskii, N.G., Analiticheskaya khimiya svintsa (Analytical Chemistry of Lead), Moscow: Nauka, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Morozko, S.A., Kuznetsova, O.V., and Ivanov, V.M., Zh. Anal. Khim., 1997, vol. 52, p. 1146.Google Scholar
- 3.Shvoeva, O.P., Dedkova, V.P., and Savvin, S.B., Zh. Anal. Khim., 1999, vol. 54, p. 42.Google Scholar
- 4.Massud Sadukh, Use of Solid-Phase Spectroscopy for the Trace Determination of Elements, Cand. Sc. (Chem.) Dissertation, Odessa, 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.Ivanov, V.M., Geterotsiklicheskie azotsoderzhashchie azosoedineniya (Heterocyclic Nitrogen-Containing Azo Compounds), Moscow: Nauka, 1982.Google Scholar
- 6.Savvin, S.B., Trutneva, L.M., Shvoeva, O.P., et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1991, vol. 36, no. 2, p. 393.Google Scholar
- 7.Marhol, M., Ion Exchanges in Analytical Chemistry, Praha: Akademie, 198. Translated under the title Ionoobmenniki v analiticheskoi khimii, Moscow: Mir, 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Bjerrum, I., Schwarzenbach, C., and Sillen, C.G., C, Stability Constants, London, 1957, part 1, p. 3.Google Scholar