Characterization of Groups with a Layer-Finite Periodic Part
- 14 Downloads
We prove a theorem that characterizes groups with a layer-finite periodic part in the class of the Shunkov groups with solvable finite subgroups.
KeywordsPeriodic Part Finite Subgroup Shunkov Group
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. N. Chernikov, “On the theory of infinite p-groups,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 71–74 (1945).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Senashov, “Characterization of layer-finite groups in a class of periodic groups,” Algebra Logika 24, No. 5, 608–617 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Senashov, “Groups with layer-finite periodic part,” Sib. Mat. Zh. 38, No. 6, 1374–1386 (1997).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Adyan, Burnside Problem and Identities in Groups [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Yu. Ol'shanskii, Geometry of Defining Relations in a Group [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.M. N. Ivko and V. I. Senashov, “On a new class of infinite groups,” Ukr. Mat. Zh. 46, No. 6, 760–770 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.M. N. Ivko and V. P. Shunkov, “On one characterization of groups with layer-finite periodic part,” in: Infinite Groups and Related Algebraic Structures [in Russian], Vol. 1, Institute of Mathematics, Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1993), pp. 17–25.Google Scholar
- 8.M. N. Ivko, “On one characterization of groups with layer-finite periodic part,” Ukr. Mat. Zh. 43, Nos. 7, 8, 942–946 (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.M. I. Kargapolov and Yu. I. Merzlyakov, Fundamentals of Group Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Shunkov, “On sufficient criteria for the existence of infinite locally finite subgroups in a group,” Algebra Logika 15, No. 6, 716–737 (1976).Google Scholar
- 11.V. P. Shunkov, M p -Groups [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.V. P. Shunkov, “On locally finite groups of finite rank,” Algebra Logika 10, No. 12, 199–225 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.A. G. Kurosh, Group Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 2001