On the Manifolds of Eigenvectors of Linear and Quasilinear Finite-Dimensional Self-Adjoint Operators. I
- 15 Downloads
We investigate the vector bundle of the manifold of normalized eigenvectors of self-adjoint operators and its stratification with respect to the numbers and multiplicities of eigenvalues.
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. V. Skrypnik, Methods for the Investigation of Nonlinear Elliptic Boundary-Value Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Lyusternik, “On one boundary-value problem in the theory of nonlinear differential equations,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 33, 5–8 (1941).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. M. Dymarskii, “Existence, oscillation properties, and asymptotics of normalized eigenfunctions of nonlinear boundary-value problems,” in: Qualitative and Approximate Methods for the Investigation of Operator Equations [in Russian], Yaroslavl (1985), pp. 133–139.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Cosner, “Bifurcations from higher eigenvalues,” Nonlin. Anal., 12, No. 3, 271–277 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. G. Borisovich and O. V. Kunakovskaya, “Intersection theory methods,” in: Abstracts of the Conference on Stochastic and Global Analysis, Voronezh (1996), pp. 10–12.Google Scholar
- 6.I. M. Gel'fand, Lectures on Nonlinear Algebra [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.Ya. M. Dymarskii, “On the Lyusternik theorem for a two-point problem of the second order,” in: Qualitative and Approximate Methods for the Investigation of Operator Equations [in Russian], Yaroslavl (1984), pp. 16–24.Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. M. Dymarskii, “On typical bifurcations in one class of operator equations,” Dokl. Ros. Akad. Nauk, 338, No. 4, 446–449 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.Ya. M. Dymarskii, “On branches of small solutions of certain operator equations,” Ukr. Mat. Zh., 48, No. 7, 901–909 (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.Ya. M. Dymarskii, “On normalized eigenfunctions of one class of quasilinear elliptic equations,” Differents. Uravn., 34, No. 1, 127–129 (1998).Google Scholar
- 11.V. I. Arnol'd, Mathematical Methods of Classical Mechanics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 12.V. I. Arnol'd, “Remarks on the eigenvalues and eigenvectors of Hermitian matrices,” in: V. I. Arnol'd, Collected Works [in Russian], Fazis, Moscow (1998), pp. 583–604.Google Scholar
- 13.B. A. Dubrovin, S. P. Novikov, and A. T. Fomenko, Modern Geometry [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.A. T. Fomenko and D. B. Fuks, A Course of Homotopic Topology [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 15.K. Uhlenbeck, “Generic properties of eigenfunctions,” Amer. J. Math., 98, No. 4, 1059–1078 (1976).Google Scholar
- 16.D. Husemoller, Fibre Bundles [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 17.B. A. Dubrovin, S. P. Novikov, and A. T. Fomenko, Modern Geometry. Methods of the Theory of Homologies [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 18.V. A. Rokhlin and D. B. Fuks, Beginner's Course in Topology [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 2001