Multivariate Sobel–Uppuluri–Galambos-Type Bounds
- 27 Downloads
We improve the known upper and lower bounds for the probability of the fact that exactly kievents should occur in a group consisting of nievents simultaneously for all i= 1, 2, ..., d.
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Galambos and Y. Xu, “Two sets of multivariate Bonferroni-type inequalities,” in: H. N. Nagaraja et al. (eds), Statistical Theory and ApplicationsSpringer, Heidelberg (1996), pp. 29–36.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Sobel and V. R. R. Uppuluri, “On Bonferroni-type inequalities of the same degree for the probability of unions and intersections,” Ann. Math. Statist., 43, 1549–1558 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.F. M. Hoppe, “Beyond inclusion-and exclusion: Natural identities for P[exactly tevents] and P[at least tevents] and resulting inequalities,” Int. Statist. Rev., 61, 435–446 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Chen and E. Seneta, “Multivariate Bonferroni-type lower bounds,” J. Appl. Probab., 33, 729–740 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Galambos and M.-Y. Lee, “Further studies of bivariate Bonferroni-type inequalities,” J. Appl. Probab., 31A, 63–69 (1994).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Galambos, The Asymptotic Theory of Extreme Order Statistics, Wiley, New York (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.E. Recsei and E. Seneta, “Bonferroni-type inequalities,” Adv. Appl. Probab., 19, 508–511 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Galambos and I. Simonelli, Bonferroni-Type Inequalities with Applications, Spinger, New York (1996).Google Scholar
- 9.R. M. Meyer, “Note on a “multivariate” form of Bonferroni's inequalities,” Ann. Math. Statist., 40, 692–693 (1996).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Seneta, “Degree, iteration and permutation in improving Bonferroni-type bounds,” Austral. J. Statist., 30A, 27–38 (1988).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 2000