A unified analytic solution to the Busemann-Petty problem was recently found by Gardner, Koldobsky and Schlumprecht. We give an elementary proof of their formulas for the inverse Radon transform of the radial function \(\rho _K\) of an origin-symmetric star body \(K\).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ball, K.: Some remarks on the geometry of convex sets. In Geometric Aspects of Functional Analysis, number 1317 in LMN, pp. 224-231. Springer, 1998.Google Scholar
- 2.Bourgain, J.: On the Busemann-Petty problem for perturbations of the ball. Geom. Functional Anal. 1(1991), 1-13.Google Scholar
- 3.Gardner, R. J.: Intersection bodies and the Busemann-Petty problem. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 342 (1994), 435-445.Google Scholar
- 4.Gardner, R. J.: A positive answer to the Busemann-Petty problem in three dimensions. Annals of Math., 140 (1994), 435-447.Google Scholar
- 5.Giannopoulos, A.: A note on a problem of H. Busemann and C. M. Petty concerning sections of symmetric convex bobies. Mathematika, 37 (1990), 239-244.Google Scholar
- 6.Gardner, R. J., Koldobsky, A. and Schlumprecht, T.: An analytic solution to the Busemann-Petty problem on sections of convex bodies. To appear.Google Scholar
- 7.Koldobsky, A.: Intersection bodies and the Busemann-Petty problem. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, 325 (1997), 1181-1186.Google Scholar
- 8.Larman, D. G. and Rogers, C. A.: The existence of a centrally symmetric convex body with central sections that are unexpectedly small. Mathematika, 22 (1975), 164-175.Google Scholar
- 9.Lutwak, E.: Intersection bodies and dual mixed volumes. Advances in Math., 71 (1988), 232-261.Google Scholar
- 10.Papadimitrakis, M.: On the Busemann-Petty problem about convex, centrally symmetric bodies in Rn. Mathematika, 39 (1992), 258-266.Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang, G.: Centered bodies and dual mixed volumes. Trans. Amer. Soc., 345 (1994), 77-801.Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang, G.: A positive answer to the Busemann-Petty problem in four dimensions. To appear.Google Scholar