Mixed Convection–Radiation Interaction in Power-Law Fluids Along a Nonisothermal Wedge Embedded in a Porous Medium
- 82 Downloads
A boundary layer analysis has been presented for the interaction of mixed convection with thermal radiation in laminar boundary flow from a vertical wedge in a porous medium saturated with a power-law type non-Newtonian fluid. The fluid considered is a gray medium, and the Rosseland approximation is used to describe the radiative heat flux in the energy equation. The transformed conservation laws are solved numerically for the case of variable surface temperature conditions. Results for the details of the velocity and temperature fields as well as the Nusselt number have been presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen, H. T. and Chen, C. K.: 1988, Free convection of non-Newtonian fluids along a vertical plate embedded in a porous medium, Trans. ASME, J. Heat Transfer 110, 257-260.Google Scholar
- Mehta, K. N. and Rao, K. N.: 1994, Buoyancy-induced flow of non-Newtonian fluids in a porous medium past a vertical plate with nonuniform surface heat flux, Int. J. Eng. Sci. 32, 297-302.Google Scholar
- Nakayama, A. and Koyama, H.: 1987, A general similarity transformation for combined free and forced convection flows within a fluid-saturated porous medium, J. Heat Transfer 109, 1041-1045.Google Scholar
- Gorla, R. S. R. and Tornabene, R.: 1988, Free convection from a vertical plate with nonuniform surface heat flux and embedded in a porous medium, Transport in Porous Media 3, 95-106.Google Scholar
- Gorla, R. S. R., Lee, J. K., Nakumara, S. and Pop, I.: 1993, Effects of transverse magnetic field on mixed convection in a wall plume of power-law fluids, Int. J. Eng. Sci. 31, 1035-1045.Google Scholar
- Sparrow, E. M. and Cess, R. D.: 1978, Radiation Heat Transfer, Hemisphere Publishing Corp., Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Christopher, R. H. and Middleman, S.: 1965, Power-law flow through a packed tube, I & EC Fundamentals 4, 422-426.Google Scholar
- Dharmadhikari, R. V. and Kale, D. D.: 1985, Flow of non-Newtonian fluids through porous media, Chemical Eng. Sci. 40, 527-529.Google Scholar
- Hsieh, J. C., Chen, T. S. and Armaly, B. F.: 1993, Nonsimilar solutions for mixed convection from vertical surfaces in porous media, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 36, 1485-1493.Google Scholar