On Stability of the Center of Masses, Vectors, and a Fourier Descriptor of the Vector Representation of an Image Contour
- 29 Downloads
In the theory of pattern recognition, one of the basic methods of describing the contour of a plane image of an object is the method of its representation in the form of an ordered set of the most informative points of the contour. These points are commonly called control ones and are generally chosen by way of the analysis of values of the curvature function or its normed estimate, i.e., its weight. In this work, studies are made of the stability of various vector characteristics of a contour to a small change in the weights of control points, to the addition of new control points, etc.
KeywordsFourier Mechanical Engineer Pattern Recognition Vector Characteristic System Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Karkishchenko, A.N., Lepskii, A.E., and Bezuglov, A.V., On a Method of the Vector and the Analytical Representation of an Image Contour, Izv. TRTU. Thematic Issue. Intelligence CAD Systems, 1998, no. 2(8), pp. 107–111.Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, H.C. and Strinath, M.D., Partial Shape Classification Using Contour Matching in Distance Transformation, IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. and Mach. Intel., 1990, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 1072–1079.Google Scholar
- 3.Lepskii, A.E., The Curvature and Weight of a Contour Point of the Plane Image of an Object, All-Russian Scientific-Technical Conf. on Computer Technologies in the Engineering and the Control Activity, Taganrog, 1999, pp. 21–22.Google Scholar
- 4.Zahn, C.T. and Roskies, R.S., Fourier Descriptors for Plane Closed Curves, IEEE Trans. Comput., 1972, no. 21, pp. 269–281.Google Scholar
- 5.Karkishchenko, A.N. and Lepskii, A.E., Estimation of the Curvature of Points of a Plane Noisy Contour. Some Probability Models, Izv. TRTU. Thematic Issue. Intelligence CAD Systems, 1992, No. 3(13), pp. 194–197.Google Scholar
- 6.Lepskii, A.E., Estimation of Numerical Characteristics of a Random Weight in the One-Dimensional Model of Noisiness of a Plane Image Contour, Izv. TRTU. Thematic Issue. Intelligence CAD Systems, 1999, no. 3(13), pp. 107–200.Google Scholar