The notodelphyid Genus Doroixys Kerschner, 1879 (Crustacea: Copepoda: Cyclopoida), with the Description of a New Species from the Russian Far East
- 31 Downloads
Doroixyssimplex n. sp. is described from material collected from a tunicate of the genus Ciona, collected on the North Pacific coast of Russia. This is the fourth species of the genus and the first for which the male has been found. The new species differs from congeners most noticeably in the absence of posterolateral processes from the rear margin of the dorsal cephalic shield. A key to species is provided.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Huys, R. & Boxshall, G.A. (1991) Copepod evolution. London: The Ray Society, 468 pp.Google Scholar
- Illg, P.L. (1958) North American copepods of the Family Notodelphyidae. Proceedings of the United States National Museum, 107, 463-649.Google Scholar
- Illg, P.L. (1970) Report on ascidicole Copepoda collected during the Melanesia expedition of the Osaka Museum of Natural History, Osaka, Japan. Publications of the Seto Marine Biological Laboratory, 18, 169-188.Google Scholar
- Kerschner, L. (1879) über zwei neue Notodelphyiden nebst bemerkungen über einige Organisationsverhältnisse dieser Famille. Denkschriften der Kaiserlichen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Wien, 41, 155-196, pls 1-6.Google Scholar
- Ooishi, S. (1963) On two new Notodelphyoid copepods from the Bay of Matoya. Report of the Faculty of Fisheries of Prefectural University of Mie, 4, 419-428.Google Scholar
- Ooishi, S. (1972) Notodelphyid copepods associated with compound ascidians in Akkeski Bay, Japan. Publications of the Seto Marine Biological Laboratory, 19, 303-325.Google Scholar
- Ooishi, S. (1991) North Pacific copepods (Cyclopoida: Ascidicolidae) associated mostly with compound ascidians. In: Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Copepoda. Bulletin of the Plankton Society of Japan, Special Volume, pp. 49-68.Google Scholar
- Ooishi, S. (1998) Two species of notodelphyid copepods, Doroixys bispinosaand Pythodelphys illgi, from the Gulf of California. Journal of Crustacean Biology, 18, 369-382.Google Scholar
- Ooishi, S. (2000) Botryllophilus bamfieldensis, new species (Copepoda: Cyclopoida: Ascidicolidae), living in a compound ascidian from the West coast of Vancouver Island, Canada. Journal of Crustacean Biology, 20, 571-588.Google Scholar
- Ooishi, S. & Illg, P.L. (1977) Haplostominae (Copepoda, Cyclopoida) associated with compound ascidians from the San Juan Archipelago and vicinity. Special Publications from the Seto Marine Biological Laboratory, Series V, 1-154.Google Scholar
- Seo, I.-S. & Rho, B.-J. (1998) Two species of notodelphyid copepods (Cyclopoida) associated with ascidians in Korea. Korean Journal of Systematic Zoology, 14, 105-116.Google Scholar
- Stock, J.H. (1970) Notodelphyidae and Botryllophilidae (Copepoda) from the West Indies. Studies on the fauna of Curaçao and Caribbean Islands, 34, 1-45.Google Scholar