Synthesis and Crystal Structure of the [Re2(CH3COO)2Cl4((CH3)2NCOCH3)2] Complex
Compound [Re2(CH3COO)2Cl4((CH3)2NCOCH3)2] is synthesized. The influence of parameters of the hydrothermal synthesis under elevated pressure on the yield of a target product and its molecular structure and physicochemical properties is studied. In the neutral complex with cis-arrangement of the bridging acetate and terminal chloride ligands with respect to the multiply bonded Re26+ complex-forming center, the Re–Re bond length is 2.2418(3) Å. Dimethylacetamide molecules are in the axial positions, the Re–O bond lengths being 2.304(3) and 2.321(4) Å. The influence of the donor ability of the axial substituents in analogous structures of the rhenium(III) binuclear clusters on the Re–Re and Re–Lax bond lengths is analyzed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vapor Phase Deposition, Powell, K., Ed., New York: Wiley, 1968.Google Scholar
- 2.Shtemenko, A.V., Bovykin, B.A., Shram, V.P., et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1985, vol. 30, no. 12, p. 3085.Google Scholar
- 3.Shtemenko, A.V., Matrosov, A.S., and Tikhonov, V.I., Vopr. Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2000, no. 2, p. 24.Google Scholar
- 4.Golovaneva, I.F., Bovykin, B.A., Shtemenko, A.V., et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1987, vol. 32, no. 2, p. 387.Google Scholar
- 5.Shtemenko, A.V., Kotel'nikova, A.S., Bovykin, B.A., and Golovaneva, I.F., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1986, vol. 31, no. 2, p. 399.Google Scholar
- 6.Shtemenko, A.V., Golichenko, A.A., and Kozhura, O.V., Vopr. Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2000, no. 2, p. 21.Google Scholar
- 7.Stoe & Cie, X-RED (Version 1.19) and IPDS Software (Version 2.92), Darmstadt (Germany): Stoe & Cie, 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXS97 and SHELXL97. Programs for the Solution and Refinement of Crystal Structures, Gottingen (Germany): Univ. of Gottingen, 1997.Google Scholar
- 9.Spek, A.L., PLATON99. Multipurpose Crystallographic Tool, Utrecht (Netherlands): Univ. of Utrecht, 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.Gutman, V., Coordination Chemistry in Non-Aqueous Solutions, Vienna: Springer, 1968.Google Scholar
- 11.Koz'min, P.A., Surazhskaya, M.D., and Kuznetsov, V.G., Zh. Strukt. Khim., 1970, vol. 11, no. 2, p. 313.Google Scholar
- 12.Kotel'nikova, A.S., Misailova, T.V., Koz'min, P.A., et al., Koord. Khim., 1977, vol. 3, no. 1, p. 127.Google Scholar
- 13.Surazhskaya, M.D., Larina, T.B., Koz'min, P.A., et al., Koord. Khim., 1978, vol. 4, no. 9, p. 1430.Google Scholar