Effect of Mo content in MoO3/g-Al2O3 on the catalytic activity for transesterification of dimethyl oxalate with phenol
- 127 Downloads
The influence of molybdenum content on the catalytic performance in the transesterification of dimethyl oxalate (DMO) with phenol to methyl phenyl oxalate (MPO) and diphenyl oxalate (DPO) was investigated. The results indicated that the MoO3/Al2O3 catalyst with 14 wt% Mo content gave maximal DPO yield with 6.1% and 75.1% DMO conversion. The component, structure and phase of MoO3/Al2O3 catalysts were characterized by means of X-ray diffraction (XRD), BET specific surface area, temperature-programmed desorption of ammonia (NH3-TPD), and FTIR analysis of adsorbed pyridine.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Y. Ono: Pure Appl. Chem., 68, 367 (1996).Google Scholar
- 4.K.J.L. Linsen, J. Libens, P.A. Jacobs: Chem. Commun., 2728 (2002).Google Scholar
- 10.N. Keigo, T. Shuji, H. Katsumasa, S. Ryoji: US Patent, 5,834,615 (1997).Google Scholar
- 11.N. Keigo, T. Shuji, N. Yuki: US Patent, 5,811,573 (1998).Google Scholar
- 12.C.A. Emeis: J. Catal., 141, 347 (1993).Google Scholar