Fabrication of Tunable Sampled Nonlinearly Chirped Fiber Bragg Gratings with a Simple Method
- 33 Downloads
In this letter a simple method for fabricating tunable sampled nonlinearly chirped fiber Bragg gratings (SNCFBGs) is demonstrated experimentally. A SNCFBG is formed when tension is applied to an etched sampled fiber Bragg grating (SFBG), whose cross-section area's reciprocal varies along the length of the SFBG. The chirp of the grating period and the sampled period can be tuned by adjusting the strain gradients, and the dispersion and dispersion slope can also be compensated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dong, L., J.L. Cruz, L. Reekie and J.L. Archambault. IEEE Photo. Technol. Lett. 7 1433, 1995.Google Scholar
- Hill, P.C. and B.J. Eggleton. Electron. Lett. 30 1172, 1994.Google Scholar
- Imai, T., T. Komukai and M. Nakazawa. IEEE Photo. Technol. Lett. 10 845, 1998.Google Scholar
- Putnam, M.A., G.M. Williams and E.J. Friebele. Electron. Lett. 31 309, 1995.Google Scholar
- Xie, Y., S. Lee, Z. Pan, J.X. Cai, A.E. Willner, V. Grubsky, D.S. Starodubov, E. Salik and J. Feinberg. IEEE Photo. Technol. Lett. 12 1417, 2000.Google Scholar