The Oil Reserves-to-Production Ratio and Its Proper Interpretation
- 469 Downloads
This paper describes several factors which control the magnitude of Reserves-to-Production (R/P) ratio, the necessity of preliminary analysis of them and the proper interpretation of this ratio, as it applies to different conditions and countries. It also describes the importance to characterize the ability of reserves to provide the increased oil production (or keeping its level stable) and consider it a main criterion of its quality and sufficiency. The deterioration in the quality of reserves because a definite point of the exploratory degree of the petroliferous basins and during the oil-field production period is a permanent factor, which has to be taken into account. All else aside it leads to the formal increase of the R/P ratio without an ability for production growth. The careful analysis of probable and possible reserves can help determine successful ways for replenishment of the proved reserves and increased oil production.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feygin, M., 1974, Neftyanie resursi, metodika ikh issledovaniya i otsenki (Petroleum resources, methods of their research and assessment): Nauka, Moscow, 160p. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Feygin, M., 2002, Correlation between oil production and discovery: Natural Resources Research, v.11, no. 2, p. 121-124.Google Scholar
- GKZ U.S.S.R. (State Committee of Reserves), 1983, Klassifikatsiya zapasov mestorozhdeniy, perspektivnykh i prognoznykh resursov nefti i goryuchikh gasov (A classification of reserves of pools and of prospective and predicted resources of petroleum and combustible gases), Moscow, 5p. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Khalimov, E., 2001, Geotechnologii rasvedki i rasrabotki neftya-nikh mestorozhdeniy (Geotechnology of the exploration and development of the oil fields): IGIRGI, Moscow, 656 p. ISBN 5-85781-096-5. (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Khalimov, E., and Feygin, M., 1985, Comparability of petroleum reserve and resource categories in the U.S.S.R. and the U.S.A.: Intern. Geology Review, v. 65, no. 1, p. 1329-1334.Google Scholar
- Mirchink, M., and Feygin, M., 1966, Otnositelno obespechennosti rasvitiya dobichi nefti i gasa zapasami (Regarding the sufficiency of reserves to provide oil and gas production growth): Geologiya nefti i gasa, no. 8, Moscow, p. 1-7. (in Russian)Google Scholar