Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human protein phosphatase 2C cDNA (PP2C ε)
- 68 Downloads
We have isolated a novel cDNA from the human fetal brain cDNA library with homology to the Mg2+-dependent serine/threonine protein phosphatase 2C (PP2C) family. The cDNA is 3055 bp in length, and the predicted coding region encodes a 360-amino-acid protein, which shows 99% identity to the PP2C ε from rat and mouse. Then we term it human PP2C ε gene. The gene is mapped to chromosome 3q26.1 and contains 4 exons. RT-PCR analysis shows that the PP2C ε is widely expressed in human tissues and the expression levels in heart, placenta, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas are relatively high.
Abbreviations: PP2Cε– Protein Phospatase 2C ε; RT-PCR – reverse transcriptionalPCR; SAPKs – stress-activated protein kinases; MAPK – mitogen--activated protein kinase.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hanada M, Ninomiya-Tsuji J, Komaki K, Ohnishi M, Katsura K, Kanamaru R, Matsumoto K & Tamura S (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276: 5753–5759.Google Scholar
- 2.Gaits F, Shiozaki K & Russell P (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272: 17873–17879.Google Scholar
- 3.Cheng A, Kaldis P & Solomon MJ (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275: 34744–34749.Google Scholar
- 4.Li MG, Katsura K, Nomiyama H, Komaki K, Ninomiya-Tsuji J, Matsumoto K, Kobayashi T & Tamura S (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278: 12012–12021.Google Scholar
- 5.Takekawa M, Maeda T & Saito H (1998) EMBO J. 17: 4744–4752.Google Scholar
- 6.Cheng A, Ross KE, Kaldis P & Solomon MJ (1999) Genes Developm. 13: 2946–2957.Google Scholar
- 7.Kitano T, Ishika A, Okuno S, Takeuchi M, Kameshita I & Fujisawa H (1999) J. Biochem (Tokey) 125: 1022–1028.Google Scholar
- 8.Leung-Hagesteijn C, Mahendra A, Naruszewicz I & Hannigan GE (2001) EMBO J. 20: 2160–2170.Google Scholar
- 9.Hanada M, Kobayashi T, Ohnishi M, Ikeda S, Wang H, Kat-sura K, Yanagawa Y, Hiraga A, Kananmaru R & Tamura S (1998) FEBS Lett. 437: 172–176.Google Scholar
- 10.Takekawa M, Adachi M, Nakahata A, Nakayama I, Itoh F, Tsukuda H, Taya Y & Imai K (2000) EMBO J. 19: 295–303.Google Scholar