On Conjugacy p-Separability of Free Products of Two Groups with Amalgamation
It is proved that a free product of two finite p-groups with amalgamated central subgroups is a conjugacy p-separable group. With the help of this result, it is proved that a free product with amalgamated subgroups of two finitely generated Abelian groups is a residually finite p-group if and only if it is conjugacy p-separable.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. L. Dyer, “Separating conjugates in amalgamated free products and HNN extensions,” Austral. Math. Soc. Ser. A, 29 (1980), 35–51.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Baumslag, “On the residual finiteness of generalised free products of nilpotent groups,” Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 106 (1963), 193–209.Google Scholar
- 3.G. Higman, “Amalgams of p-groups,” J. Algebra, 1 (1964), 301–305.Google Scholar
- 4.D. N. Azarov and E. A. Ivanova, “On the residual nilpotence of a free product with amalgamation of locally nilpotent groups,” in: Nauch. Tr. IvGU. Ser. Matem. V. 2 [in Russian], Izd-vo IvGU, Ivanovo, 1999, pp. 5–7.Google Scholar
- 5.P. F. Stebe, “A residual property of certain groups,” Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 26 (1970), 37–42.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Lyndon and P. E. Shupp, Combinatorial Group Theory, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1977.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Magnus, A. Karrass, and D. Solitar, Combinatorial Group Theory, Dover Publ., New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- 8.B. H. Neumann, “An essay on free products of groups with amalgamations,” Philos. Trans. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A, 246 (1954), 503–554.Google Scholar