A possibility of application of MTDIL to the Residual stresses analysis
- 44 Downloads
The work demonstrates a proof of application of the modulated-temperature dilatometry (MTDIL) to the stresses investigations of the well known and commonly used hard coatings e.g. TiN, TiCN, TiAlN thin films deposited mainly on different type of tools for its higher performances. In the PVD (physical vapour deposition) processes such kind of coatings are formed in meta stable state caused, between other, by strong stresses between coating and substrate. These stresses have an important influence on the fundamental properties of the coatings, for example, adherence to the substrate, so they are the subject of many investigations by use of different methods, mainly XRD (X-ray diffraction). For the purpose of presentation of application of MTDIL for such kind of investigation two reference substrate materials were chosen: ARMCO steel and cemented carbide in the form suitable for dilatometric analysis covered, by actually the most conventional, TiN hard coating. In the article the experimental results are presented, discussed and compared with simple model formed by means of finite elements method (FEM).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Tomala, T. Hirsch and P. Mayr, Harterei Technische Mitteilungen, 2 (2000) 80.Google Scholar
- 3.R. C. Cammarata, J. C. Bilello, A. Lindsay, K. Sieradzki and S. M. Yalisove, MRS Bulletin, 24 (1999) 34.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Karlsson, L. Hultman, M. P. Johansson, A. Hörling and G. Ramanath, Proc. Thin Film Physics Division, Linköping University, Sweden 1999, pp. 162–189.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Fang, H. Tsai and Ch. Lo, Sens. Actuators, 277 (1999) 345.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Kleiber, Metoda elementów skończonych w nieliniowej mechanice kontinuum, PWN, Warszawa 1985.Google Scholar
- 12.K. J. Bathe, Finite element procedures in engineering analysis, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 1982.Google Scholar
- 14.P. Myśliński, W. Precht and J. Staśkiewicz, Proc. Fourth European Symposium on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Jena 1987, A 20.Google Scholar
- 16.P. Myśliński, P. Kamasa and M. Pyda, 31st NATAS Conference, Albuquerque Sept. 22–24, 2003.Google Scholar
- 19.B. Wendler and A. Młotkowski, Proc. 12th International Summer School Kołobrzeg'2000, ‘Modern Plasma Surface Technology’, Technical Univesity of Koszalin, 2000, pp. 217–229.Google Scholar