Rigidity of Geometrically Finite Hyperbolic Cone-Manifolds
- 49 Downloads
In a recent paper Hodgson and Kerckhoff prove a local rigidity theorem for finite volume, three-dimensional hyperbolic cone-manifolds. In this paper we extend this result to geometrically finite cone-manifolds. Our methods also give a new proof of a local version of the classical rigidity theorem for geometrically finite hyperbolic 3-manifolds.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [And]Anderson, C. G.:Projective structures on Riemann surfaces and developing maps to ℍ3 and ℂP n, Preprint 1999.Google Scholar
- [Bers]Bers, L.:Spaces of Kleinian groups, In: Several Complex Variables I, Maryland 1970, Lecture Notes in Math. 155, Springer, 1970, pp. 9–34.Google Scholar
- [BB]Brock, J. and Bromberg, K.:On the density of geometrically finite Kleinian groups, to appear in Acta Math.Google Scholar
- [BBES]Brock, J., Bromberg, K., Evans, R. and Souto, J.:Boundaries of deformation spaces and Ahlfors' measure conjecture, Publ. Math. IHES 98(1), 145–166.Google Scholar
- [Br1]Bromberg, K.:Hyperbolic cone-manifolds, short geodesics and Schwarzian derivatives, to appear in J. Amer. Math. Soc.Google Scholar
- [Br2]Bromberg, K.:Projective structures with degenerate holonomy and the Bers' density conjecture, Preprint 2002.Google Scholar
- [CEG]Canary, R. D., Epstein, D. B. A. and Green, P.:Notes on notes of Thurston, In: Analytical and Geometric Aspects of Hyperbolic Space, Cambridge University Press, 1987, pp. 3–92.Google Scholar
- [Ep]Epstein, C.:Envelopes of horospheres and Weingarten surfaces in hyperbolic 3-space, Preprint.Google Scholar
- [Gun]Gunning, R.: Lectures on Vector Bundles over Riemann Surfaces, Princeton University Press, 1967.Google Scholar
- [Th]Thurston, W. P.: Geometry and Topology of Three-Manifolds, Princeton lecture notes, 1979.Google Scholar