On Quantum Event Structures. Part III: Object of Truth Values
- 36 Downloads
In this work we expand the foundational perspective of category theory on quantum event structures by showing the existence of an object of truth values in the category of quantum event algebras, characterized as subobject classifier. This object plays the corresponking role that the two-valued Boolean truth values object plays in a classical event structure. We construct the object of quantum truth values explicitly and argue that it constitutes the appropriate choice for the valuation of propositions describing the behavior of quantum systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Varadarajan, Geome'ry of Quantum Mechanics, Vol. 1 (Van Nostrand, Princeton, New Jersey, 1968).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Zafiris, “Quantum event structures from the perspective of Grothendieck topoi,” to appear in Found. Phys. Google Scholar
- 12.J. L. Bell, “From absolute to local mathematics,” Synthese 69 (1986).Google Scholar
- 13.J. L. Bell, “Categories, toposes and sets,” Synthese 51(3) (1982).Google Scholar
- 17.I. Raptis, “Presheaves, sheaves, and their topoi in quantum gravity and quantum logic,” gr-qc/0l10064.Google Scholar
- 19.G. Takeuti, “Two applications of logic to mathematics,” Mathematical Society of Japan 13, Kano Memorial Lectures 3 (1978).Google Scholar