Regioselective acylation of flavonoids catalyzed by immobilized Candida antarctica lipase under reduced pressure
- 315 Downloads
A single-step acylation of rutin and naringin, catalyzed by immobilized Candida antarctica lipase B in 2-methyl-2-butanol, occurred preferentially on the primary hydroxyl group. Using palmitic methyl ester as acyl donor, the acylation rate of naringin was 10-fold higher than that of rutin. Under optimal conditions, i.e. a molar ratio acyl donor/naringin of 7:1 and 200 mbar, 92% naringin was acylated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bousquet L-P, Willemot R-M, Monsan P, Boures E (1999) Lipase-catalyzed α-butylglucoside lactate synthesis in organic solvent for dermo-cosmetic application. J. Biotechnol. 68: 61–69.Google Scholar
- Coulon D, Ismail A, Girardin M, Rovel B, Ghoul M (1996) Effect of different biochemical parameters on the enzymatic synthesis of fructose oleate. J. Biotechnol. 51: 115–123.Google Scholar
- Gao C, Mayon P, MacManus DA, Vulfson EN (2001) Novel enzymatic approach to the synthesis of flavonoid glycosides and their esters. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 71: 235–243.Google Scholar
- Gorman LAS, Dordick JS (1992) Organic solvents strip water off enzymes. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 39: 392–397.Google Scholar
- Humeau C, Girardin M, Rovel B, Miclo A (1998) Enzymatic synthesis of fatty acid ascorbyl esters. J. Mol. Catal. B: Enzym. 5: 19–23.Google Scholar
- Kontogianni A, Skouridou V, Sereti V, Stamasis H, Kolisis FN (2001) Regioselective acylation of flavonoids catalyzed by lipase in low toxicity media. Eur. J. Lipid Sci. Technol. 103: 655–660.Google Scholar
- Nakajima N, Ishihara K, Itoh T, Furuya T, Hamada H (1999) Lipase-catalyzed direct and regioselective acylation of flavonoid glucoside for mechanistic investigation of stable plant pigments. J. Biosci. Bioeng. 87: 105–107.Google Scholar
- Patti A, Piattelli M, Nicolosi G (2000) Use of Mucor miehei lipase in the preparation of long chain 3-O-acylcatechins. J. Mol. Catal. B: Enzym. 10: 577–582.Google Scholar
- Saleh MM, Hashem FA, Glombitza KW (1998) Study of Citrus taitensis and radical scavenger activity of the flavonoids isolated. Food Chem. 63: 397–400.Google Scholar