Determination of soft X-ray emitting isotopes in radioactive liquid wastes of nuclear power plants
- 69 Downloads
The 59Ni and 55Fe radioisotopes were measured in radioactive wastes of some European nuclear power plants. A sample preparation method was developed that starts with the digestion in an oxygen atmosphere at an overpressure in a closed Berthelot calorimeter bomb. The detection limits for 59Ni and 55Fe were measured and calculated in the presence of high background activities from 60Co, 137Cs and 241Am isotopes.
KeywordsOxygen Atmosphere Inorganic Chemistry Detection Limit Sample Preparation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Annual report on “Treatment, storage and deposition of radioactive wastes in the Nuclear Power Plant of Paks”, Nuclear Power Plant of Paks, Ltd., 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.I. Gresits, S. TÖlgyesi, Zs. SÁndor, J. Solymosi, P. Ormai, A. Fritz, G. Volent, ACH-Models Chem., 134 (1997) 325.Google Scholar
- 3.L. Rodriguez-Barquero, A. Grau, J. M. Los-Arcos, C. Suarez, Standardization of Fe-55 by Liquid Scintillation Counting Using (HDEHP)n Fe-55 Samples. Annales-de-Fisica, Serie-B, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.W. Goerlich, E. Schenker, J. Hanulik, Quantitative Determination of Iron-55, Nickel-59 and Nickel-63 in Reactor Components, Karlsruhe, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Holm, P. Roos, B. Skwarzec, Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 43 (1992) 371.Google Scholar
- 6.H. M. Kingston, L. B. Jassie (Eds), Introduction to Microwave Sample Preparation: Theory and Practice. Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, DC, 1988.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Hertelendi, Inventory and Characterization of Important Radionuclides for Safety of Storage and Disposal Correlation with Key Nuclides which are Easy to Measure in Typical Waste Steams. Semestrial Progress Report, French Atomic Energy Commission, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Currie, Anal. Chem., 40 (1968) 586.Google Scholar
- 9.W. MÑller, H. Kannen, Intercomparison Test for Quality Assurance of Activity Measurements, Radioactive Waste Management and Environmental Remediation, ASME, 1997.Google Scholar
- 10.W. MÑller, Development of Methods to Provide an Inventory of Important Radionuclides: Analytical Methods and Correlation Data, 4th Conf. of the European Commission on the Management and Disposal of Radioactive Waste, March 1996, Luxemburg.Google Scholar
- 11.N. M. Nagy, J. KÓnya, Colloids Surfaces, 137 (1998) 231.Google Scholar