Managing Knowledge for an Intelligent Document Processing System
In this paper, we describe the representation and organization of the knowledge about the infrastructure of storing documents and about the document base itself, which support fast retrieval of documents and information from various documents. Numerous components of the knowledge base of TEXPROS, such as the system catalog, the frame template base and the frame instance base are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.D. M. Cleal and N. O. Heaton, Knowledge-Based Systems: Implications for Human-Computer Interfaces. Ellis Horwood Limited: West Sussex, England, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.P. R. Cohen and R. Kjeldsen, “Information retrieval by constrained spreading activation in semantic network.” Inf. Process. Manage. 23, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.B. V. Dobrov, N. V. Loukachevitch, and T. N. Yudina, “Conceptual indexing using thematic representation of texts,” in Proc. of the Six Text Retrieval Conference (TREC-6), 1998.Google Scholar
- 7.X. Li, J. Hu, X. Fan, C. Y. Wang, and P. A. Ng, “Automated document filing and retrieval system: An overview,” in Proc. of 3rd Biennial World Conference on Integrated Design and Process Technology, Berlin, Germany, July 1998, pp. 231–241.Google Scholar
- 8.Q. Liu and P. A. Ng, Document Processing and Retrieval: Text Processing. Kluwer Academic Publishers: Norwell, 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Martin, The Wired Society: A Challenge for Tomorrow. Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1978.Google Scholar
- 11.B. McCune et al., “RUBRIC: A system for rule-based information retrieval.” IEEE Trans. on Software Engineering11, pp. 939–945, September 1985.Google Scholar
- 15.P. Szolovits, “Knowledge-based systems: A survey.” On Knowledge Base Management Systems. Springer Verlag: New York, 1986, pp. 339–352.Google Scholar
- 16.R. Thomas, H. Forsdick, T. Crowley, R. Schaaf, R. Thomlinson, V. M. Travers, and G. Robertson, “Diamond: A multimedia message system system build on a distributed architecture.” IEEE Computer18, pp. 65–78, December 1985.Google Scholar
- 17.C. Thanos, Multimedia Office Filing: The MULTOS Approach. Elsevier Science Publishing Co., Inc.: New York, 1990.Google Scholar
- 18.J. Tydeman, H. Lipinske, R. Adler, M. Nyhan, and L. Zwimpfer, “Teletext and videotext in the United States—Market potential.” Technology, Public Policy Issues. McGraw-Hill: New York, 1982.Google Scholar
- 19.C. Winkler, “Desktop publishing.” Datamation32, pp. 92–96, December 1986.Google Scholar