Modeling and Optimization of the Throughput of the Processing Nodes in Computer-aided Control Systems of Distributed Production of Printer Matter
- 27 Downloads
A computer-aided control system of distributed production of printed matter which is interpreted as an open queuing network was considered. Optimal resource allocation to the processing network nodes is one of the key problems in this class of systems. An algorithm based on a combination of the branch-and-bound method and simulation was proposed for determining the optimal solution. The branch-and-bound method enables one to establish the direction of search, and simulation is used to verify each step of search. High convergence of the algorithm was corroborated by numerical experiments.
KeywordsControl System Mechanical Engineer Numerical Experiment Resource Allocation System Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zaikin, O.A., A Mathematical Model of Resource Allocation in the Computer-aided Control System of Nonmaterial Production, Avtom. Telemekh., 2002, no. 8, pp. 160-168.Google Scholar
- 2.Buzacott, J. and Shanthikumar, J., Modeling and Analysis of Manufacturing Systems, New York: Wiley, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Chee Hock, Ng., Queuing Modelling Fundamentals, New York: Wiley, 1997.Google Scholar
- 4.Hall, R.W., Queuing Methods for Service and Manufacturing, New York: Prentice Hall, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Azadivar, F. and Lee, Y., Optimization of Discrete Variable Stochastic Systems by Computer Simulation, Math. Comput. Simul., 1988, vol. 2, pp. 331-345.Google Scholar
- 6.Biethan, J. and Nissen, V., Combinations of Simulation and Evolutionary Algorithms in Management Science and Economics, Ann. Oper. Res., 1994, vol. 32, pp. 183-208.Google Scholar
- 7.Dolgui, A. and Zaikin, O., Queuing Models for a Capacity Allocation Problem, in Proc. 14th Eur. Simul. Multiconf. “Simulation and Modeling: Enables for Better Quality of Life”, Ghent, Belgium, May 23-26, 2000, pp. 315-317.Google Scholar
- 8.Guariso, G., Hitz, M., and Werthner, H., An Integrated Simulation and Optimization Modeling Environment for Decision Support, Decision Support Syst., 1996, vol. 1, pp. 103-117.Google Scholar
- 9.Zaikin, O., Dolgui, A., and Kraszewski, P., Queuing Modeling of the Resource Assignment in the High Tec Assembly Manufacturing, in New Frontiers in Computational Intelligence and Its Applications, Amsterdam: IOS Press, 2000, pp. 340-346.Google Scholar