On the Space of Sequences of p-Bounded Variation and Related Matrix Mappings
The difference sequence spaces ℓ∞(▵), c(▵), and c0(▵) were studied by Kızmaz. The main purpose of the present paper is to introduce the space bvp consisting of all sequences whose differences are in the space ℓp, and to fill up the gap in the existing literature. Moreover, it is proved that the space bvp is the BK-space including the space ℓp. We also show that the spaces bvp and ℓp are linearly isomorphic for 1 ≤ p ≤ ∞. Furthermore, the basis and the α-, β-, and γ-duals of the space bvp are determined and some inclusion relations are given. The last section of the paper is devoted to theorems on the characterization of the matrix classes (bvp : ℓ∞), (bv∞ : ℓp), and (bvp : ℓ1), and the characterizations of some other matrix classes are obtained by means of a suitable relation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Choudhary and S. Nanda, Functional Analysis with Applications, Wiley, New Delhi (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.C.-S. Wang, “On Nolund sequence spaces,” Tamkang J. Math., 9, 269–274 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.P.-N. Ng and P.-Y. Lee, “Ces`aro sequences spaces of non-absolute type,” Comment. Math. Prace Mat., 20, No. 2, 429–433 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Malkowsky, “Recent results in the theory of matrix transformations in sequence spaces,” Mat. Vesnik, 49, 187–196 (1997).Google Scholar
- 5.B. Altay and F. Bas¸ar, “On the Euler sequence spaces which include the spaces 12–01 and 12–01,” Studia Sci. Math. Hungar (revised).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Kizmaz, “On certain sequence spaces,” Canad. Math. Bull., 24, No. 2, 169–176 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.I. J. Maddox, Elements of Functional Analysis, University Press, Cambridge (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Wilansky, “Summability through functional analysis,” in: North-Holland Math. Stud., Vol. 85, Amsterdam (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Stieglitz and H. Tietz, “Matrix transformationen von folgenr¨aumen eine ergebnis¨ubersicht,” Math. Z., 154, 1–16 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.P. K. Kamthan and M. Gupta, Sequence Spaces and Series, Marcel Dekker, New York-Basel (1981).Google Scholar