Improvement of phenylethanoid glycosides production by a fungal elicitor in cell suspension culture of Cistanche deserticola
- 192 Downloads
When, on the 15th day of growth, an elicitor from Fusarium solani was added at 40 mg l−1 to Cistanche deserticola cell suspension cultures, the contents of echinacoside, acteoside and total phenylethanoid glycosides (PeGs) in cultured cells all increased over the next 27 d by over 100% to 15 mg g−1 dry wt, 9 mg g−1 dry wt and 57 mg g−1 dry wt, respectively. The final biomass (1.3 mg dry wt ml−1) was not affected.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang Y, Wu H, Wang SN, Cheng HC (1995) Study of the strong effects of Cistanche deserticola Ma., Cistanche salsa (C.A.Mey) G. Beck. and Cistanche tubulosa (Schenk) R Wight. China J. Chin. Mater. Med. 26: 143–146.Google Scholar
- Du NS, Liu JL (1993) Determination of phenylethanoid glycosides in Cistanche deserticola by macroreticular resin spectrophotometry. Nat. Prod. Res. Develop. 5: 30–33.Google Scholar
- Gamborg OL, Miller RA, Ojima K (1968) Nutrient requirements of suspension cultures of soybean root cells. Exp. Cell Res. 50: 151–158.Google Scholar
- Hsu WH, Chu SH, Sheng LC, Yuan KW, Mao CN (1995) Study of the chemical constituents and pharmacological effects of Cistanche deserticola Ma. and Cistanche salsa (C.A. Mey) G. Beck. Chin. Tradit. Herb. Drugs 26: 143–146.Google Scholar
- Li S, Wu X, Dong XC, Zheng X, Zheng JH, Lou ZC (1998) Effect of elicitor of Fasarium solani on the amino acid contents of Cistanche deserticola callus. China J. Northwest Pharm. 13: 247–248.Google Scholar
- Towill LE, Mazur P (1975) Studies of the reduction of 2,3,5-triphenyltrazolium chloride as a viability assay for plant tissue cultures. Can. J. Bot. 53: 1097–1102.Google Scholar
- Wang CG, Wu JY, Mei XG (2001) Enhancement of Taxol production and excretion in Taxus chinensis cell culture by fungal elicitation and medium renewal. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 55: 404–410.Google Scholar
- Wang YM, Zhang SJ, Luo GA, Hu YN, Hu JP, Liu L, Zhu Y, Wang HJ (2000) Analysis of phenylethanoid glycoside in the extract of herba Cistanchis by LC/ESI-MS/MS. Acta Pharm. Sin. 35: 839–842.Google Scholar
- Xiong QB, Yasuhiro Tezukay, Takuji Kaneko, Li HY, Le Quan Tran, Koji Hase, Tsuneo Namba, Shigetoshi Kadota (2000) Inhibition of nitric oxide by phenylethanoids in activated macrophages. Eur. J. Pharm. 400: 137–144.Google Scholar
- Yu LJ, Lan WZ, Qin WM, Xu HB (2001) Effects of salicylic acid on fungal elicitor-induced membrane-lipid peroxidation and Taxol production in cell suspension cultures of Taxus chinensis. Proc. Biochem. 37: 477–482.Google Scholar