Oscillation of second order neutral delay differential equations of Emden-Fowler type
- 66 Downloads
We present new oscillation criteria for the second order nonlinear neutral delay differential equation [y(t)-py(t-τ)]''+ q(t)yλ(g(t)) sgn y(g(t)) = 0, t ≧ t0. Our results solve an open problem posed by James S.W . Wong . The relevance of our results becomes clear due to a carefully selected example.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. P. Agarwal, S. R. Grace and D. O'Regan, Oscillation Theory for Difference and functional Differential Equations, Kluwer Academic Publishers (Dordrecht, 2000).Google Scholar
- R. P. Agarwal, S. R. Grace and D. O'Regan, Oscillation Theory for Second order Dynamic Equations, to appear.Google Scholar
- L. H. Erbe, Q. King and B. Z. Zhang, Oscillation Theory for Functional Differential Equations, Marcel Dekker (New York, 1995).Google Scholar
- M. K. Grammatikopoulos, G. Ladas and A. Meimaridou, Oscillation and asymptotic behavior of second order neutral differential equations, Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, CXL (1987), 20–40.Google Scholar
- I. Győri and G. Ladas, Oscillation Theory of Delay Differential Equations With Applications, Oxford Univ. Press (London-New York, 1991).Google Scholar
- J. K. Hale, Theory of Functional Differential Equations, Springer-Verlag (New York, 1977).Google Scholar
- I. V. Kamenev, Integral criterion for oscillation of linear differential equations of second order, Math. Zemetki (1978), 249–251 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- G. S. Ladde, V. Lakshmikantham and B. Z. Zhang, Oscillation Theory of Differential Equations with Deviating Arguments, Marcel Dekker (New York, 1987).Google Scholar
- W. T. Li, Classification and existence of nonoscillatory solutions of second order nonlinear neutral differential equations, Ann. Polon Math., LXV (1997), 283–302.Google Scholar