Lepocreadiidae (Digenea) from the batfish of the genus Platax Cuvier (Teleostei: Ephippidae) from the southern Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Australia
- 49 Downloads
The following species are described from Platax spp.: Neomultitestis aspidogastriformis n. sp., from P. teira, off Heron Island, Queensland, which can be distinguished from its congeners by the transversely elongate ventral sucker divided into three loculi and probably by testis number; Multitestis magnacetabulum Mamaev, 1970, from P. teira, off Heron Island, Queensland; Diploproctodaeum rutellum (Mamaev, 1970), from P. teira, off Heron Island, Queensland; Diploproctodaeum tsubameuo n. sp., from P. batavianus, from the Swain Reefs, off Queensland, which differs from its congeners in its overlapping, posteriorly attenuated testes and 38-55 ovarian lobes; and Diplocreadium sp., from P. batavianus, from the Swain Reefs, off Queensland.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bray, R.A., Cribb, T.H. & Barker, S.C. (1996) Diploproctodaeinae (Digenea: Lepocreadiidae) from the coastal fishes of Queensland, Australia, with a review of the subfamily. Journal of Natural History, 30, 317–366.Google Scholar
- Bray, R.A. & Nahhas, F.M. (1998) Diploproctodaeum arothroni n. sp. (Digenea: Lepocreadiidae) from the pufferfish Arothron hispidus (L.) (Tetraodontidae) from Suva, Fiji, with a revised key to the species of the genus. Systematic Parasitology, 40, 55–59.Google Scholar
- Froese, R. & Pauly, D. (2002) FishBase: World Wide Web electronic publication. www.fishbase.org.Google Scholar
- Kurochkin, Y. & Korotaeva, V.D. (1972) [Trematodes of the genus Multitestis Manter, 1931 (Fam. Lepocreadiidae) from marine fishes of Australia and New Zealand]. Parazitologiya, 6, 75–78. (In Russian).Google Scholar
- Liu S.-f. (2002) Two new species of lepocreadiid trematodes of marine fishes from the Taiwan Straits, China. Journal of Parasitology, 88, 563–565.Google Scholar
- Machida, M. (1982) Lepocreadiid trematodes from marine fishes of Palau. Proceedings of the Japanese Society of Systematic Zoology, 23, 1–11.Google Scholar
- Madhavi, R. (1972) Digenetic trematodes from marine fishes of Waltair Coast, Bay of Bengal. I. Family Lepocreadiidae. Journal of Parasitology, 58, 217–225.Google Scholar
- Mamaev, Y.L. (1970) [Helminths of some commercial fishes in the Gulf of Tongking]. In: Oshmarin, P.G., Mamaev, Y.L. & Lebedev, B.I. (Eds) Helminths of animals of south-east Asia. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Nauka, pp. 127–190. (In Russian).Google Scholar
- Shen J.-w. (1990) Digenetic trematodes of marine fishes from Hainan Island. Beijing: Science Publications, 228 pp. (In Chinese, English summary).Google Scholar