Evaluation of Indian coriander accessions for resistance against stem gall disease
- 268 Downloads
Seventy accessions of coriander (Coriandrum sativum L.) were screened for resistance against stem gall, a severe disease caused by Protomyces macrosporus Unger., with the goal to select the resistant cultivars. The accessions PH-7, Pant Haritima, COR-17 and COR-2 were highly resistant. These may be used as the parents to breed high yielding accessions resistant to stem gall disease.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bilgrami K.S., Jamaluddin and Rizvi M.A. 1991. Fungi of India - Lists and references. Today and Tomorrow's Printers and Publishers, New Delhi. p. 798.Google Scholar
- Gupta J.S. and Sinha S. 1964. Variation in pathogenicity of Protomyces macrosporus Unger. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. India 34 (B): 241-244.Google Scholar
- Gupta J.S. and Sinha S. 1973. Varietal field trials in the control of stem-gall disease of coriander. Indian Phytopath. 26: 337-340.Google Scholar
- Gupta J.S. 1954. Disease appraisal of stem gall of Coriandrum sativum. Indian Phytopath. 7: 53-60.Google Scholar
- Kalra A., Patra N.K., Singh H.P., Singh H.B., Mengi N., Naqvi A.A. and Kumar S. 1999. Evaluation of coriander (Coriandrum sativum) collection for essential oil. Indian J. Agric. Sciences 69 (9): 657-659.Google Scholar
- Naqvi S.A.M.H. 1996. Varietal screening of coriander against stem gall in relation to disease intensity and crop loss. Indian J.Mycol. and Pl. Pathol. 16 (3): 270-276.Google Scholar
- Naumov N.A 1924. On the question of possibilities for determining the degree of plant infection by fungus parasites. Trudy IV Entom. Phyto. Congr. Moscow 1922: 217-228.Google Scholar
- Panse V.G. and Sukhatme P.V. 1961. Statistical Methods for Agricultural Workers. ICAR Publication.Google Scholar
- Raghvan S. 2000. Handbook of Spices, Seasoning and Flavouring. Ambica Book Agency, Jaipur.Google Scholar
- Singh D.K. Singh N.P. and Tiwari R.S. 1995. Evaluation of coriander cultivars in Himalayan foothills of UP. Ann. Agric. Res. 16(4): 481-482.Google Scholar
- Singh R.K. and Chaudhary B.D. 1977. Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis. Kalyani Publishers, Delhi. p. 284.Google Scholar