On the Formalization of Temperature Dependence of Plant Developmental Rate
Based on the data obtained in the experiments with constant and alternating diurnal temperatures, the temperature dependence of developmental rate was calculated for different photoperiodic groups of plants using the square regression equations. These equations made it possible to calculate the temperature regions of maximum developmental rates of plants under different photoperiods.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adams, S.R., Pearson, S., Hadley, P., and Patefield, W.M., The Effects of Temperature and Light Integral on the Phases of Photoperiod Sensitivity in Petunia ??hybrida, Ann. Bot., 1999, vol. 83, pp. 263-269.Google Scholar
- Brondum, J.J. and Heins, R.D., Modeling Temperature and Photoperiod Effects on Growth and Development of Dahlia, J. Am. Soc. Hort. Sci., 1993, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 36-42.Google Scholar
- Dettlaff, T.A., Adaptation of Poikilothermic Animals to Development under the Conditions of Fluctuating Temperatures and the Problem of Integrity of the Developing Organism, Ontogenez (Moscow), 1981, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 227-241.Google Scholar
- Karlsson, M.G., Heins, R.D., and Erwin, J.E., Quantifying Temperature-Controlled Leaf Unfolding Rates in “Nellie White” Easter Lily, J. Am. Soc. Hort. Sci., 1988, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 70-74.Google Scholar
- Karlsson, M.G., Heins, R.D., Erwin, J.E., et al., Temperature and Photosynthetic Photon Flux Influence Chrysanthemum Shoot Development and Flower Initiation Under Short-Day Conditions, J. Am. Soc. Hort. Sci., 1989, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 158-163.Google Scholar
- Karlsson, M.G., Heins, R.D., Gerberick, J.E., and Hackmann, M.E., Temperature Driven Leaf Unfolding Rate in Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, Sci. Hort., 1991, vol. 45, pp. 323-331.Google Scholar
- Mednikov, B.M., Temperature as a Factor of Development, Vneshnyaya sreda i razvivayushchiisya organizm (Environment and Developing Organism), Moscow: Nauka, 1977, pp. 7-52.Google Scholar
- Moshkov, B.S., Aktinoritmizm rastenii (Actinorhytm of Plants), Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1987.Google Scholar
- Porter, J.R. and Delecolle, R., Interaction of Temperature with Other Environmental Factors in Controlling the Development of Plants, Symp. “Plant and Temperature,” Cambridge, 1988, pp. 133-156.Google Scholar
- Rawson, H.M. and Hindmarsh, J.H., Effects of Temperature on Leaf Expansion in Sunflower, Austr. J. Plant Physiol., 1982, vol. 9, pp. 209-219.Google Scholar
- Tollenaar, M., Daynard, T.B., and Hunter, R.B., Effect of Temperature on Leaf Appearance and Flowering Date in Maize, Crop Sci., 1979, vol. 19, pp. 363-366.Google Scholar
- Zaar, E.I., Kenigsberg, E.V., Lozina-Lozinskii, L.K., and Rybak, V.L., Fluctuating Temperatures as a Factor of Increase in the Level of Energy Processes in Poikilotherms, Zh. Obshch. Biol., 1989, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 529-540.Google Scholar