Tunability of YBa2Cu3O7/SrTiO3 hetero-structures for microwave filters : growth parameter optimisation of the titanate layer
- 16 Downloads
Heterostructures have been grown of YBa2Cu3O7/SrTiO3deposited on LaAlO3substrates by PLD. RHEED observations were made during deposition of the ferroelectric layer and the parameters were optimised to produce near 2D growth. After XRD and surface resistance measurements, these samples were then patterned into tunable resonators comprising of interdigital combs. In these structures the tunability is achieved as a result of the change in the dielectric constant of the ferroelectric material between the combs when a DC voltage is applied. In excess of 500 MHz of tuning in the resonant frequency of the device has been observed, and from these data it has been possible to derive values of εrand tanδ for the ferroelectric layer which can then be used to design and model tunable microwave devices.
KeywordsMicrowave Dielectric Constant Resonant Frequency Growth Parameter Resistance Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S.S.Gevorgian, E.F.Carlsson, S.Rudner, U.Helmersson, E.L.Kollberg, E. Wikborg and O.G.Vendik IEEE Trans.App.Sup. 7, 2 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.A.T.Findikoglu, Q.X.Jia, X.D.Wu, G.J.Chen, T.Venkatesan and D.W. Reagor App.Phys.Lett. 68, 12 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.J.P.Contour, C.Couvert, O.Durand, Y.Lemaître, R.Lyonnet and B.Marcilhac, Eur.Phys.J.A.P. 5, 3 (1999).Google Scholar
- 4.J.C.Mage and J.Dieumegard, AGARD Conf.Proceedings 481, 10–1 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.Y.Lemaître, D.Mansart, B.Marcilhac, J.C.Mage and J.Siejka, Proceedings of ASC 98 to be published in IEEE Trans.App.Sup.1999 Google Scholar
- 6.R.E.Treece, J.B.Thomson, C.H.Muller, T.Rivkin and M.W.Cromar IEEE Trans.App.Sup. 7, 2 (1997).Google Scholar