Normal State Resistivity of YBa2Cu3O7-δ /PrBa2Cu2.8Ga0.2O7-δc-axis Superlattices : Evidence for an Underdoping Effect of YBa2Cu3O7-δ
- 16 Downloads
We measured the ab-plane resistivity of c-axis YBa2Cu3O7-δ/PrBa2Cu2.8Ga0.2O7superlattices grown by pulsed laser deposition, from TCto 325 K. The normal-state resistivity and the fluctuation regime above TCwere studied for different thickness of YBa2Cu3O7-δand PrBa2Cu2.8Ga0.2O7-δin the superlattice period. As the concentration of PrBa2Cu2.8Ga0.2O7-δis raised, the TCdecreases and the resistivity increases. Evidence is given for an underdoping effect in the YBa2Cu3O7-δlayers and our measurements are compared to similar measurements on oxygen-deficient YBa2Cu3O7-δthin films, grown on the same equipment. They are also compared to measurements on YBa2Cu3-xCoxO7-δsingle crystals made by other groups. We present here the different measurements and investigate the mechanisms that could be held responsible for this depletion in charge carriers.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. P. Contour, C. Sant, D. Ravelosona, B. Fisher and L. Patlagan, Jap. J. Appl. Phys. L32, LI134 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.B. Leridon, A. Defossez, J. Dumont and J. P. Contour, accepted Physica C (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.A. L. Efros and B. I. Shklovskii, J. Phys. C 8 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.R. F. Wood, Phys. Rev. B 50, 13688 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Carrington, A. P. Mackenzie, C. T. Lin and J. R. Cooper, Phys. Rev. Lett. 69, 2855 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.D. P. Norton, D. H. Lowndes, S. J. Pennycook and J. D. Budai, Phys. Rev. Lett. 67, 1358 (1991).Google Scholar