Normal State Resistivity of YBa2Cu3O7-δ /PrBa2Cu2.8Ga0.2O7-δc-axis Superlattices : Evidence for an Underdoping Effect of YBa2Cu3O7-δ
- 17 Downloads
We measured the ab-plane resistivity of c-axis YBa 2 Cu 3 O 7-δ /PrBa 2 Cu 2.8 Ga 0.2 O 7 superlattices grown by pulsed laser deposition, from T C to 325 K. The normal-state resistivity and the fluctuation regime above T C were studied for different thickness of YBa 2 Cu 3 O 7-δ and PrBa 2 Cu 2.8 Ga 0.2 O 7-δ in the superlattice period. As the concentration of PrBa 2 Cu 2.8 Ga 0.2 O 7-δ is raised, the T C decreases and the resistivity increases. Evidence is given for an underdoping effect in the YBa 2 Cu 3 O 7-δ layers and our measurements are compared to similar measurements on oxygen-deficient YBa 2 Cu 3 O 7-δ thin films, grown on the same equipment. They are also compared to measurements on YBa 2 Cu 3-x Co x O 7-δ single crystals made by other groups. We present here the different measurements and investigate the mechanisms that could be held responsible for this depletion in charge carriers.
KeywordsPulse Laser Charge Carrier Magnetic Material Similar Measurement Pulse Laser Deposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. P. Contour, C. Sant, D. Ravelosona, B. Fisher and L. Patlagan, Jap. J. Appl. Phys. L32, LI134 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.B. Leridon, A. Defossez, J. Dumont and J. P. Contour, accepted Physica C (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.A. L. Efros and B. I. Shklovskii, J. Phys. C 8 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.R. F. Wood, Phys. Rev. B 50, 13688 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Carrington, A. P. Mackenzie, C. T. Lin and J. R. Cooper, Phys. Rev. Lett. 69, 2855 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.D. P. Norton, D. H. Lowndes, S. J. Pennycook and J. D. Budai, Phys. Rev. Lett. 67, 1358 (1991).Google Scholar