Estimation of fast neutron fluence released by the Tokai-mura criticality accident from 54Mn in soils collected from the JCO grounds
- 45 Downloads
To estimate fast neutron fluence released by the JCO criticality accident in Tokai-mura, 54Mn, which is produced by the 54Fe(n,p)54Mn reaction, was determined in soil samples by ultra low background g-ray spectrometry after radiochemical separation. Activities of 54Mn, using 30-200 g soil samples were detected in soil samples from 13 points in all directions within a 20 m zone from the precipitation vessel we have used. The levels of 54Mn ranged from 0.015 to 2.12 mBq/g soil. By using these data and MCNP, the fast neutron fluences were estimated.
KeywordsPrecipitation Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Soil Sample Fast Neutron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Y. Murata, T. Muroyama, H. Kofuji, M. Yamamoto, K. Komura, J. Environ. Radioact., 50 (2000) 69.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Murata, T. Muroyama, Y. Kawabata, M. Yamamoto, K. Komura, J. Radiat. Res., 42 (2001) 55.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Murata, T. Muroyama, M. Yamamoto, K. Komura, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., to be published.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Komura, Proc. Wakasa Symp. on Environmental Radiation, Oct. 20, 1997, Tsuruga, Japan, 1998, p. 56.Google Scholar
- 5.T. Imanaka, J. Radiat. Res., 42 (2001) 31.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Nakanishi, personal communication, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Erdtmann, Neutron Activation Tables, Weinheim, Verlag Chemie, 1976.Google Scholar