Comparison of 1300 nm quantum well lasers using different material systems
- 102 Downloads
The band structure and material gain are calculated for 1300-nm band quantum well lasers of GaInNAs, AlGaInAs and GaInAsP material systems. The material compositions for each system are carefully chosen for comparison. The calculated results show that the peak gain is around the same in spite of the difference in band structures for the three systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chuang, S.L. Physics of Optoelectronic Devices, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- Harrison, W.A. J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 14 1016, 1977.Google Scholar
- Kondow, M., T. Kitatani, S. Nakatsuka, M.C. Larson et al. IEEE J. Select. Top. Quant. Electron. 3 719, 1997.Google Scholar
- Lindsay, A. and E.P. O'Reilly. Solid State Commun. 112 443, 1999.Google Scholar
- Minch, J., S.H. Park, T. Keating and S.L. Chuang. IEEE J. Quant. Electron. 35 771, 1999.Google Scholar
- Takeuchi, K., T. Miyamoto, T. Kageyama, F. Koyama and K. Iga. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 37 1603, 1998.Google Scholar
- Van der Walle, C.G. Phys. Rev. B. Phys. 39 1871, 1989.Google Scholar