Low-Rank Update Eigensolver for Supercell Band Structure Calculations
- 47 Downloads
In photonic or electronic and sonic band structure calculations, one often needs to solve the same eigenvalue problem many times for different sets of parameters. Often only a relatively small part of the matrix varies with these parameter changes. We have recently developed a method where, after the eigenvalue problem is solved once, the remaining cases could be computed much faster (150 times in a typical calculation). Prototype calculations using 2D photonic band structures as examples have verified this concept.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Demmel J. 1997. Applied Numerical Linear Algebra. SIAM, Philadelphia, PA.Google Scholar
- Golub G. and van Loan C. 1983. Matrix Computations. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD.Google Scholar
- Gunapala S.D., Bandara S.V., Liu J.K., Luong E.M., Rafol S.B., Mumolo J.M., Ting D.Z., Bock J.J., Ressler M.E., Werner M.W., LeVan P.D., Chehayeb R., Kukkonen C.A., Levy M., LeVan P., and Fauci M.A. 2000. Sensor Mater. 12: 327.Google Scholar
- Painter O.J., Husain A., Scherer A., O'Brien J.D., Kim I., and Dapkus P.D. 1999. J. Lightwave Technol. 17: 2082.Google Scholar
- Vurgaftman I. and Meyer J.R. 2001. Appl. Phys. Lett. 78: 1475.Google Scholar