Distribution of the Beluga Delphinapterus leucas in the Anadyr Estuary in 2000
- 31 Downloads
The results of stationary observations of the beluga Delphinapterus leucas Pall. 1776 conducted in Anadyr Estuary in 2000 were compared with literature and unpublished data. The belugas were found to occur in Anadyr Estuary almost throughout the ice-free period, from the first half of June until mid-November. The largest schools usually concentrated during the spawning migration of salmon in the bottleneck of Anadyr Estuary and in waters near the city of Anadyr.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Belopol'sky, L.O., Kratkiy predvaritel'nyi otchyot o rabote po izucheniyu morskikh mlekopitayushukh Anadyrskogo raiona (The Brief Preliminary Report on Work on Study of Marine Mammals in Anadyr Region), Arkh. TINRO, 1931.Google Scholar
- 2.Geptner, V.G., Chapsky, K.K., Arsenyev, V.A., and Sokolov, V.E., Pinnipeds and Toothed Whales, Mlekopitayushiye Sovetskogo Soyuza (Mammals of the Soviet Union). Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1976, vol. 2, part 3.Google Scholar
- 3.Kirillova, O.I., Specific of the Search-hunting Behavior and of Signalling of the Beluga of the Gulf of Anadyr, Morskiye mlekopitayushiye: Tez. Dokl. X Vsesoyuz. Sovesh. po izucheniyu, okhrane i ratsional'nomy ispol'zovaniyu morskikh mlekopitayushik (Marine mammals: Abst. X Allunion meet. Stud. Protection Rational Use of Marine Mammals), 1990, pp. 137.Google Scholar
- 4.Kirillova, O.I and Bel'kovich, V.M., Distribution, Structure of Groups of Belugas of Anadyr Estuary Population During the Summer Period, Morskiye mlekopitayushiye Goloarktiki: Mater. Mezhdunarod. konf. (Marine Mammals of HolArctic: Proc. Intl. Conf.), Arkhangelsk: Pravda Severa, 2000, pp. 155-160.Google Scholar
- 5.Kleinenberg, S.E., Yablokov A.V., Bel'kovich V.M., and Tarasevich M.N.,Belukha (opyt monograficheskogo-issledovaniya vida (Beluga: Experience of Monographic Research of the Species), Moscow: Nauka, 1964.Google Scholar
- 6.Krasnova, V.V. and Chernetsky, A.D., Dynamics of Motion Activity of the White Sea Beluga in Reproductive Aggregation, Morskiye mlekopitayushiye Goloark-tiki: Mater. Mezhdunarod. konf. (Marine mammals of HolArctic: Proc. Intl. Conf.), Arkhangel'sk: Pravda Severa, 2000, pp. 187-192.Google Scholar
- 7.Krushinskaya, N.L. and Lisitsyna, T.Yu., Povedeniye morskikh mlekopitayushikh (Behavior of Marine Mammals), Moscow: Nauka, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.Pikharev, G.A., Belukha i lastonogiye v pzibrezhnoy zon'e Anadyrskogo raiona (Beluga and Pinnipeds of the Coastal zone of Anadyr Region), Arkh. TINRO, 1943.Google Scholar
- 9.Sleptsov, M.M., Cetaceans of the Far East Seas, Izv. TINRO, 1952, vol. 38, pp. 23-25.Google Scholar
- 10.Smirnov, G.P. Promezhutochnyi otchyot o sostoyanii zapasov morskikh mlekopitayushikh. Anadyrskaya Kon-trol'naya Nablyudatel'naya Komissiya po morskim mle-kopitayushim (Progress report on condition of stocks of marine mammals. Anadyr Supervising Comission on Marine Mammals), Arkh. ChukotTINRO, 1987.Google Scholar