Homology of Fortuin–Kasteleyn Clusters of Potts Models on the Torus
- 69 Downloads
Topological properties of Fortuin–Kasteleyn clusters are studied on the torus. Namely, the probability that their topology yields a given subgroup of the first homology group of the torus is computed for Q=1, 2, 3 and 4. The expressions generalize those obtained by Pinson for percolation (Q=1). Numerical results are also presented for three tori of different moduli. They agree with the theoretical predictions for Q=1, 2 and 3. For Q=4 agreement is not ruled out but logarithmic corrections are probably present and they make it harder to decide.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. P. Langlands, P. Pouliot, and Y. Saint-Aubin, Conformal invariance in two-dimensional percolation, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc., 30:1-61 (1994).Google Scholar
- 2.P. di Francesco, H. Saleur, and J. B. Zuber, Relations between the Coulomb gas picture and conformal invariance of two-dimensional critical models, J. Statist. Phys. 49:57-79 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.T. H. Pinson, Critical percolation on the torus, J. Statist. Phys. 75:1167-1177 (1994).Google Scholar
- 4.R. J. Baxter, Exactly Solved Models in Statistical Mechanics (Academic Press, 1982), p. 486.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Nienhuis, Critical behavior of two-dimensional spin models and charge asymmetry in the Coulomb gas, J. Statist. Phys. 34:731-761 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.P. di Francesco, P. Mathieu, and D. Sénéchal, Conformal Field Theory (Springer-Verlag, 1997), p. 890.Google Scholar
- 7.E. Lapalme and Y. Saint-Aubin, Crossing probabilities on same-spin clusters in the twodimensional Ising model, J. Phys. A 75:1825-1835 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.C.-K. Hu, J.-A. Chen., N. Sh. Izmailian, and P. Kleban, Geometry, thermodynamics, and finite-size corrections in the critical Potts model, Phys. Rev. E 60:6491-6495 (1999); J. L. Cardy, M. Nauenberg, and D. J. Scalapino, Scaling theory of the Potts-model multicritical points, Phys. Rev. B 22:2560-2568 (1980); H. W. J. Blöte and M. P. Nightingale, Critical behaviour of the two dimensional Potts model with a continuous number of states; a finite size scaling analysis, Phys. A 112:405-445 (1982).Google Scholar