Quadrature formula and zeros of para-orthogonal polynomials on the unit circle
- 120 Downloads
Given a probability measure μ on the unit circle T, we study para-orthogonal polynomials Bn(.,w) (with fixed w ∈ T) and their zeros which are known to lie on the unit circle. We focus on the properties of zeros akin to the well known properties of zeros of orthogonal polynomials on the real line, such as alternation, separation and asymptotic distribution. We also estimate the distance between the consecutive zeros and examine the property of the support of μ to attract zeros of para-orthogonal polynomials.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. Daruis, P. González-Vera and O. Njåstad, Szegő quadrature formulas for certain Jacobi-type weight functions, submitted to Mathematics of Computation.Google Scholar
- S. Khrushchev, Schur's algorithm, orthogonal polynomials and convergence of Wall's continued fractions in L 2(T), to appear in J. Approx. Theory.Google Scholar
- P. Nevai, Orthogonal Polynomials, Memoirs of the Amer. Math. Soc., vol. 213 (1979).Google Scholar
- E. B. Saff, Orthogonal polynomials from a complex perspective, in: Orthogonal Polynomials: Theory and Practice (P. Nevai, ed.), Kluwer Academic Publishers (Dordrecht, Boston, London, 1990), pp. 363–393.Google Scholar
- G. Szegő, Orthogonal Polynomials, Amer. Math. Soc. Colloq. Publ., vol. 23, Amer. Math. Soc. (Providence, Rhode Island, 1975) (4th edition).Google Scholar