On the Initial Development of the Slip Band Near an Inclusion in the Interface
- 20 Downloads
A problem is solved for a slip band near a rigid inclusion located in the interface between dissimilar half-spaces. The length of the slip band, the stress intensity near the inclusion apex, and the angle of band development depending on the loading and composition parameters are determined.
KeywordsStress Intensity Slip Band Initial Development Rigid Inclusion Composition Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. T. Berezhnitskii and N. M. Kundrat, “On occurrence and development of plastic strains near an acute-angled rigid inclusion,” Fiz.-Khim. Mekh. Mater., 19, No. 6, 60–68 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.F. D. Gakhov, Boundary-Value Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Kaminskii, L. A. Kipnis, and V. A. Kolmakova, “Determination of the plastic zone at the crack tip by the trident model,” Prikl. Mekh., 33, No. 5, 70–76 (1997).Google Scholar
- 4.V. D. Kuliev, Yu. N. Rabotnov, and G. L. Cherepanov, “On cracking inhibition at the interface between different elastic media,” Izv. AN SSSR, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 4, 120–128 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Muskhelishvili, Some Basic Problems of the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Noble, Methods Based on the Wiener-Hopf Technique for the Solution of Partial Differential Equations, Pergamon Press, London (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.A. M. Sakhnenko, “Stress intensity factors near a rigid inclusion at the interface between two media,” in: Proc. 2nd Conf.Young Scientists of the West Scientific Center of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Uzhgorod (1975), pp. 190–192.Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. S. Uflyand, Integral Transforms in Elastic Problems [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.G. P. Cherepanov, “Plastic discontinuity lines at a crack tip,” Prikl. Mat. Mekh., 40, No. 4, 720–728 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.G. P. Cherepanov, Mechanics of Brittle Fracture [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar