Description of Electromagnetic Radiation Propagating in a Four-Dimensional Space-Time with a Fluctuating Metric Tensor
- 26 Downloads
The effect of spectral broadening of electromagnetic radiation propagating in a four-dimensional space-time with fluctuations in the space curvature caused by relict gravitational radiation is predicted. It is demonstrated that distortion of spectral line profiles of electromagnetic radiation caused by the fluctuating metric is at the level of resolution of the available spectral instrumentation.
KeywordsRadiation Spectral Line Electromagnetic Radiation Line Profile Space Curvature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.F. Schutz, Class.Quant.Grav., 6, 1761-1780 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.L.P. Grishchuk, V.M. Lipunov, K.A. Postnov, et al., Usp. Fiz. Nauk, 171, No.1, 3-59 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.L.H. Landau and E.M. Lifshits, Field Theory [in Russian ], Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.I. Bichak and V.N. Rudenko, Gravity Waves in GRT and Problem of their Detection [in Russian ], Publishing House of Moscow State University, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.R.J. Bell, Introduction to Fourier Spectroscopy [Russian translation ], Mir, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar