A Novel Single-Resistance-Controlled Sinusoidal Oscillator Employing Single Operational Transresistance Amplifier
- 208 Downloads
A novel operational transresistance amplifier (OTRA)-based single-resistance-controlled sinusoidal oscillator (SRCO) is proposed. It uses single OTRA, three resistors and two capacitors. To the best knowledge of author, this is the first oscillator constructed with single OTRA. The oscillator circuit provides independent control of oscillation frequency without disturbing oscillation condition by a resistor. It has also low passive sensitivities. The oscillator circuit is insensitive to parasitic input capacitances and input resistances due to zero internally grounded input terminals of OTRA. PSPICE simulations are given to verify the theoretical analysis.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Toumazou, C., Lidjey, F. J. and Haigh, D., Analog IC Design: The Current-Mode Approach. Exeter, Peter Peregrinus, UK, 1990.Google Scholar
- 2.Celma, S., Martinez, P. A. and Carlosena, A., “Minimal realization for single resistance controlled sinusoidal oscillator using single CCII.” Electron. Lett. 28, pp. 443-444, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.Senani, R. and Singh, V. K., “Synthesis of canonic single resistance controlled oscillators using a single current feedback amplifier.” IEE Proc. Circuit Devices and Systems 143(3), pp. 71-72, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.Hou, C. L., Yean, R. and Chang, C. K., “Single element controlled oscillator using single FTFN.” Electron. Lett. 32, pp. 2032-2033, 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.Salama, K. N. and Soliman, A. M., “CMOS operational transresitance amplifier for analog signal processing applications.” Microelectron. J. 30, pp. 235-245, 1999.Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, J., Tsao, H., Liu, S. and Chui, W., “Parasitic capacitance insensitive current-mode filters using operational transresistance amplifier.” IEE Proc. Circuit Devices and Systems 142(3), pp. 186-192, 1995.Google Scholar
- 7.Chen, J., Tsao, H. and Chen, C., “Operational transresistance amplifier using CMOS technology.” Electron. Lett. 28(22), pp. 2087-2088, 1992.Google Scholar
- 8.Toker, A, Özoguz, S., Çiçeko?lu, O. and Acar, C., “Current-mode all-pass filters using current differencing buffered amplifier and new high-Q bandpass filter configuration.” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems-II: Analog and Digital Signal Processing 47, pp. 949-954, 2000.Google Scholar