Immersion of a Cylinder in a Fluid Through a Cylindrical Free Surface
The plane problem of the immersion of a cylinder in a fluid in a cylindrical cavity whose radius varies with time is considered. The dependence of the wetted width of the circle submerged on the submergence for various gaps is determined. The results obtained are compared with asymptotic dependencies.
KeywordsFree Surface Plane Problem Cylindrical Cavity Asymptotic Dependency Cylindrical Free Surface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. V. Logvinovich, Hydrodynamics of Flows with Free Boundaries [in Russian], Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Wagner, “Über Stoss-and Gleitvorgänge an der Oberfl¨ache von Flüssigkeiten,” ZAMM, 12, No. 4, 193 (1932).Google Scholar
- 3.E. V. Paryshev and B. N. Rykov, “Experimental investigation of the planing of a cylinder on a water surface,” Tr. TsAGI, No. 2242, 21 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.A. D. Vasin, “Unsteady planing of axisymmetric bodies on a fluid surface,” Tr. TsAGI, No. 2496, 28 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Logvinovich, “Some problems of planing,” Tr. TsAGI, No. 2, 2052 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.N. E. Kochin, I. A. Kibel', and N. V. Roze, TheoreticalHydromechanics, Vol. 1 [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Lavrent'ev and B. V. Shabat, Methods of the Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar