Weak greedy algorithms[*]This research was supported by National Science Foundation Grant DMS 9970326 and by ONR Grant N00014‐96‐1‐1003.
- 481 Downloads
Theoretical greedy type algorithms are studied: a Weak Greedy Algorithm, a Weak Orthogonal Greedy Algorithm, and a Weak Relaxed Greedy Algorithm. These algorithms are defined by weaker assumptions than their analogs the Pure Greedy Algorithm, an Orthogonal Greedy Algorithm, and a Relaxed Greedy Algorithm. The weaker assumptions make these new algorithms more ready for practical implementation. We prove the convergence theorems and also give estimates for the rate of approximation by means of these algorithms. The convergence and the estimates apply to approximation from an arbitrary dictionary in a Hilbert space.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.A. DeVore, Nonlinear approximation, Acta Numer. (1998) 51-150.Google Scholar
- D.L. Donoho, CART and best-ortho-basis: A connection, Preprint (1995) 1-45.Google Scholar
- V.V. Dubinin, Greedy algorithms and applications, Ph.D. thesis, University of South Carolina (1997).Google Scholar
- V.N. Temlyakov, Greedy algorithms with regard to the multivariate systems with a special structure, Preprint (1998) 1-26.Google Scholar
- A. Zygmund, Trigonometric Series (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1959).Google Scholar