The dual basis functions for the Bernstein polynomials
- 296 Downloads
An explicit formula for the dual basis functions of the Bernstein basis is derived. The dual basis functions are expressed as linear combinations of Bernstein polynomials.
dual (reciprocal) basis Bernstein polynomials dual functional 41A10 65D17
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.J. Barry and R.N. Goldman, What is the natural generalization of a Bézier curve?, in: Mathematical Methods in Computer Aided Geometric Design (Academic Press, Boston, 1989) pp. 71–85.Google Scholar
- P.J. Barry and R.N. Goldman, Three examples of dual properties of Bézier curves, in: Mathematical Methods in Computer Aided Geometric Design (Academic Press, Boston, 1989) pp. 61–69.Google Scholar
- J. Hoschek and D. Lasser, Fundamentals of Computer Aided Geometric Design (A.K. Peters, Wellesley, 1993).Google Scholar
- D.E. Knuth, The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 1, Fundamental Algorithms (Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1972).Google Scholar
- G. Lorentz, Bernstein Polynomials (Toronto Press, 1953).Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1998