Experiences with Sexual Aggression Within the General Population in the Czech Republic
- 73 Downloads
In a representative survey of the sexualbehavior of the inhabitants of the Czech Republic (862men and 825 women older than 15), questions wereincluded concerning experience with sexually aggressivebehavior: 11.6% of women reported this kind of experience(3.4% of them more than once). The average age at thetime of rape was 21.2 years. Most of these experiencesoccurred within marriage or a stable partnership. In only a tenth of them the perpetrator was astranger. Only 3.4% of the offenses were reported topolice. Of Czech men, 4.8% replied positively to thequestion whether they had ever forced a woman to have sexual contact. The most common form of theseenforced contacts was vaginal coitus.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amir, M. (1971). Patterns of Forcible Rape, University of Chicago Press, Chicago.Google Scholar
- Convoy, H. (1993). Atypical Sexual Experiences in Psychiatric Patients, Charles University Press, Prague.Google Scholar
- deLora, J. S., Warren, C. A. B., and Ellison, C. R. (1981). Understanding Sexual Behavior, Houghton Miffin, Boston.Google Scholar
- DiVasto, P., Kaufman, A., Rosner, L., Jackson, R., Christy, J., Pearson, S., and Burgett, T. (1984). The prevalence of sexually stressful events among females in the general population. Arch. Sex. Behav. l3: 59–67.Google Scholar
- Kilpatrick, D. G. et al. (1979). The aftermath of rape: Recent empirical findings. Am. J. Orthopsychiat. 49: 658–669.Google Scholar
- Kilpatrick, D. G. et al. (1981). Effects of a rape experience: A longitudinal study. J. Soc. Issues 37: 105–l22Google Scholar
- Kutchinsky, B. (1989). Pornography and rape—Are they related? Paper presented at the Ninth Congress of Sexology, Caracas, Venezuela.Google Scholar
- Santiago, J.M. et al. (1985). Long-term psychological effects of rape in 35 rape victims. Am. J. Psychiat. l42: l338- l340.Google Scholar
- Selkin, J. (1975). Rape. Psychology Today, pp. 71–76.Google Scholar
- Trojan, O. (1991). Atypical sexual experiences in psychotic patients. Paper presented at the Tenth Congress of Sexology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Zvěřina, J., Lachman, M., Pondelíiková, J., and Vanek, J. (1987). The occurrence of atypical sexual experience among various female patient groups. Arch. Sex. Behav. 16: 321–326.Google Scholar