John R. Lott, Jr., More guns, less crime: Understanding crime and gun-control laws. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1998. x + 225 pages. $23.00 (cloth).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Benson, B.L. (1998). To serve and protect: Privatization and community in criminal justice. New York: New York University Press.Google Scholar
- Benson, B.L., Kim, I. and Rasmussen, D.W. (1994). Estimating deterrence effects: A public choice prospective on the economics of crime literature. Southern Economic Journal 61: 161–168.Google Scholar
- Bowman, G., Hakim, S. and Seidenstat, P. (Eds.). (1992). Privatizing the United States justice system: Police, adjudication, and corrections services from the private sector. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co.Google Scholar
- Lott, J.R. Jr. and Mustard, D.B. (1997). Crime, deterrence, and right-to-carry concealed handguns. Journal of Legal Studies 26: 1–68.Google Scholar
- Reynolds, M.O. (1994). Using the private sector to deter crime. Dallas, TX: National Center for Policy Analysis.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1999